- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Drug, Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling Diploma
- Certificate of Education (in Further Education)
- Foundation Degree in Business and Education Management
- Registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
I have worked as a counsellor in General Practice surgeries and also as a counsellor working in a College of Further Education. I have experience working in two organisations counselling women who were sexually abused as children and have delivered Confidence and Assertiveness and Self-Esteem workshops, and Anxiety Management programmes.
Working in Primary, Secondary and Further Education, I have been fortunate in working with people facing challenges at different stages of their development, from a very young age and much later on in life.
I ensure my work is regularly supervised and engage in continuing professional training and development activities, which over the years, has covered many different areas. Examples of some training activities I have attended include Equality and Diversity, Welfare issues, Managing Eating Disorders and Psychosexual Counselling.
My practice is fully insured and I work within the ethical framework of the BACP.